This Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto is creamy, full of flavour, and most importantly, easy to make!
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto
Gone are the days of slaving away stove-side, stirring and stirring and stirrrrring, risotto. The Instant Pot is like a magic pot when it comes to making risotto. You pretty much add everything to the pot, stir a couple times, then you've got perfectly cooked risotto!
This recipe was first posted on a previous Instagram post. I am resharing the post here to make it easier to find alongside some extra photos!
What You'll Need To Make Shrimp Risotto
- shallots, diced finely
- arborio rice: it is important to use arborio rice in this recipe
- lemon juice + lemon zest
- chicken stock
- peas, frozen or fresh
- cold water shrimp: see the image below if you are unsure what cold water shrimp is
How To Make Shrimp Risotto in the Instant Pot
On sauté mode, melt your butter in the Instant Pot and once it’s melted, add your shallots. Cook them for around 1-2 minutes.
Add in the arborio rice and stir.
Add lemon juice and continue to stir for another minute before adding in the broth, and some salt and pepper.
Set the Instant Pot on pressure for 5 minutes and then let the pot natural release for 10 minutes afterwards before quick releasing.
After carefully opening the lid, stir in your peas, lemon zest, cooked cold water shrimp and parmesan.
If you prefer prawns, you can always cook them in the IP first on sauté mode then set it aside for later to top off the risotto. Be sure that the bottom of the inner liner has been deglazed.
Instead of parmesan, you can add different grated cheeses to change up the flavour such as asiago cheese.
Don't like peas? Swap with other frozen vegetables.
- Always make sure the bottom of the pan is clear/deglazed before you pressure cook. This helps decrease the chances of a burn notice.
- Different sizes of IPs such as the 8 qt may require additional liquid. This recipe was only tested in a 6 QT.
- I used cold water shrimp as it's already cooked and peeled. If you prefer a different precooked and peeled shrimp, feel free to sub it in
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, diced finely
- 1.5 cups arborio rice
- 1 lemon juice + lemon zest
- 3.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt/pepper
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- 340 grams cold water shrimp
- 0.5-1 cup parmesan
- On sauté mode, melt your butter in the Instant Pot and once it’s melted, add your shallots. Cook them for around 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the arborio rice and stir.
- Add lemon juice and continue to stir for another minute before adding in the broth, and some salt and pepper.
- Set the Instant Pot on pressure for 5 minutes and then let the pot natural release for 10 minutes afterwards before quick releasing.
- After carefully opening the lid, stir in your peas, lemon zest, cooked cold water shrimp and parmesan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 348Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 647mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g