This is the easiest Instant Pot Mac and Cheese ever! Quick, packed with cheese, and creamy, you’re going to want to make this daily!
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
You’re going to love this Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe! Why?
- It’s easy
- You don’t have to babysit a pot on the stove
- It takes 10 minutes (or less if you’re a speedier at stirring than I am!)
- It’s easy to customize to reflect your favourite cheese combination
- If mac and cheese is your go-to side dish for the holidays, making mac and cheese in the Instant Pot frees up your stove top for other recipes
- Mac and cheese is freezer friendly
What You’ll Need To Make The Easiest Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- elbow macaroni
- chicken stock (or vegetable)
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese
- asiago cheese
- parmesan cheese
How To Make Mac and Cheese In The Instant Pot
In the Instant Pot, add in the elbow macaroni, chicken stock, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Place the lid on, set to sealing, and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Quick release when done.
Add a splash of milk (I start with 1/4 cup) and start mixing in the cheese to the cooked macaroni. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese at a time, making sure the cheese has melted before adding in more.
Add in more milk if necessary.
Tips On Making This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Be sure to start with less milk and work your way up so you mac and cheese doesn’t get too runny.
Pre-shredded cheddar tends to not melt properly due to it sometimes being dusted with an anti-caking/moisture-absorbing agent. I recommend shredding your own cheddar!
I recommend stirring in 1/2 cup of cheese at a time so your macaroni can be coated evenly and the cheese can melt evenly as well.
If you are doubling up this recipe, double up everything but the cook time.
This recipe has only been testing in the Instant Pot 60 DUO Plus 6 Qt.
How To Freeze Mac and Cheese
Alternatively, you can freeze them in glass containers, just make sure it is airtight to avoid freezer burn.
How To Reheat Instant Pot Mac and Cheese: When you reheat Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, I recommend adding a splash of milk or cream while heating to add some moisture back to the mac and cheese. I let it thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
What Should I Serve With Mac and Cheese?
- oven roasted chicken
- fried chicken
- chicken caesar salad
- roasted broccoli
- roasted brussels sprouts
- instant pot tomato soup
Other Cheese Combinations You Can Try
- Cheddar + Monterey Jack
- Gouda + Pepper Jack + Havarti
- White Cheddar + Swiss + Gruyere + Parmesan
- Cheddar + Gouda
- In the Instant Pot, add in the elbow macaroni, chicken stock, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Place the lid on, set to sealing, and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Quick release when done.
- Add a splash of milk (I start with 1/4 cup) and start mixing in the cheese to the cooked macaroni. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese at a time, making sure the cheese has melted before adding in more. Add in more milk if necessary.
I used 1 box of Brilla Cut Macaroni which is 454 grams
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 511Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 1488mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 31g
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Instant Pot Beef Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto
- Instant Pot Mason Jar Cheesecakes